体育直播站biomarkers of dairy fat consumption tied to lower risk of type 2 diabetes.
10 oct 2018
体育直播站deaths from heart disease and stroke could be prevented by a mediterranean diet.
9 nov 2017
the nhs diabetes prevention programme will eventually cover 26 million people.
1 nov 2017
体育直播站the mrc and nihr respond to a wide-ranging review of nutrition research in the uk.
20 jul 2017
the grants were funded by the research councils uk's 'priming food partnerships'.
10 feb 2017
Spotlight on: Nutrition
Nutrition, diet and physical activity play an important, if not a determinant, role in the promotion of health and in the protection from and treatment of disease. Poor nutrition is a direct cause of disease such as diabetes and cardiovascular problems and we are facing a global obesity epidemic. The challenges are worldwide and will require a global, coordinated response. The UK has earned a strong reputation in nutrition research but we now need to ensure we are well placed to take on these new challenges. Read more on the MRC priorities for nutrition research体育直播站 page. about why research on nutrition and health matters.
About obesity: Obesity is associated with increased mortality and substantial morbidity, placing a significant burden on healthcare systems around the world. The MRC has identified eight priorities for obesity research and have divided them into two categories: scientific areas and experimental and conceptual approaches. Read more about our obesity research.
- Food Ladders (PDF, 1.86MB) is helping to build food security and resilience within local communities. More information can be found on the .
- Career inspiration: an insight into the working life of nutrition scientist Professor Nita Gandhi Forouhi
- Could dairy products help prevent type 2 diabetes? A blog post from the MRC Epidemiology Unit
- : an article about the Wellcome-MRC Institute of Metabolic Sciences
- : a blog post about the MRC-funded
- how she's teamed up with the Scottish Professional Football League Trust to tackle obesity in men
- Max Perutz writing award shortlisted article: Childhood obesity in South Africa (PDF, 153KB).
Related MRC sites
- Latest funding opportunities
- Review of Nutrition and Human Health Research
- Link to June 2017 Workshop report (PDF, 628KB)
- Link to Cross-Council vision for Food, Nutrition and Health research (PDF, 6.07MB)
- Population and Systems Medicine Board
- MRC Industry Charter (PDF, 953KB)
- New: to empower academia to work in partnership with industry
UK Nutrition Research Partnership
- UKNRP Nutrition Hot Topics Workshops
- : a blog post by its Chair, Professor Stephen O'Rahilly
- UK Nutrition Research Partnership Collaborative Awards