UKRI MRC Council
from 1 april 2018 the mrc is part of
the mrc council is responsible both for advising the mrc executive chair and making decisions, as delegated to it by the ukri board, on scientific, research and innovation matters. mrc is responsible for covering research into medicine and biomedicine aimed at improving human health. this includes, but is not limited to:
- the leadership of their specific research domain, including prioritisation of budgets and the development of delivery plans;
- ensuring the future supply of skilled researchers and other specialists essential to the sustainability of the UK’s research and innovation capacity;
- engaging with their community to develop ideas, raise awareness and disseminate strategic outputs
体育直播站the council will support and challenge the executive chair to ensure the effective delivery of the council’s mission. in particular:
- Provide guidance, advice and make recommendations as appropriate on research, knowledge exchange, training and innovation to the Executive Chair and, if required, to the UK Research and Innovation Board. Where relevant this will include ensuring that the UK receives greatest benefit from its involvement in major international programmes.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the UKRI Research and Innovation Strategy
- Provide leadership in the development and delivery of the Council’s Strategic Delivery Plan
The Council comprises a combination of previously serving Council members and new members. Please see the full list of council members and the meeting dates, agendas and minutes from previous meetings.